1. America: Land of Opportunity
2. The Fourth of July
3. The U.S. Federal Government
4. Christmas – A Holiday of Traditions
5. New Year's Day – A Holiday of New Beginnings
6. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – To Remember a Civil Rights Leader
7. Valentine's Day – A Holiday of Love and Friendship
8. St. Patrick's Day – A Holiday to Celebrate the Irish
9. Passover – A Jewish Holiday of Remembering
10. Easter – An Important Christian Holiday
11. Mother's Day – A Holiday to Honor Motherhood
12. Father's Day – A Holiday to Honor Fatherhood
13. Memorial Day – A Holiday to Remember Fallen Soldiers
14. Labor Day – A Holiday to Honor Workers
15. Columbus Day –A Holiday to Remember an Explorer
16. Halloween – A Holiday for Costumes and Candy
17. Veterans Day – A Holiday Honoring All Soldiers
18. Chanukah – A Holiday of Lights
19. Thanksgiving – Families Coming Together
20. Lottery – A Chance at Millions
21-40 | 41-60 | 61-80 | 81--100 | 101-120 | 121-140 | 141-160 | 161-180 | 181-200 | 201-220 | 221-240 | 241-260 | 261-280 | 281-300 | 301-320 | 321-340 | 341-365 |
This hobby got started when I was a little boy. I had always wanted my parents to read fairy tales and other stories to me. Soon they got fed up and tired of having to read to me continually. So as soon as I could, I learned to read. I started with simple ABC books. Soon I could read simple fairy tales and other stories. Now I read just about anything that is available.
Reading enables me to learn about so many things that I would otherwise not know. I learned about how people lived in bygone days of magic and mystery. I learned about the wonders of the world, space travel, human achievements, gigantic whales, tiny viruses and other fascinating things of our world.
The wonderful thing about reading is that I do not have to learn things the hard way. For example, I do not have to catch a disease to know that it can kill me. I know the danger so I can avoid it. Also I do not have to go deep into the jungle to learn about the tiger. I can read all about it in a book.
Books provide the reader with so much information and facts. They have certainly helped me in my daily life. I am better equipped to cope with living. Otherwise I would go about ignorantly learning things the hard way.
So I continue to read. Besides being more informedabout the world, I also spend my time profitably. It is indeed a good hobby.